Wednesday 8 March 2017

Troll soup!

What do you feed a greedy, smelly troll?

Well green group have a good idea! Spiders, eye balls, maggots, worms just to name a few of th gruesome things they want to add! Some children decided that the troll should be a little bit healthier so added some apples and salad! Once the children had drawn their soups it was time to make them. Where best to make it then the mud kitchen, a trolls delight! With suits and wellies on the fun could begin. The children grabbed their pans and spoons and started hunting the mud area for things to add; herbs, weeds, bark, mud! As we are learning about colour this week we laid to pots of colour powdered paint out on the table to see what the children we would do!
“I’m adding blue to my soup”
“Look my soups turning green”
“I've put blue and red in mine, it’s purple”
The language coming from the children was wonderful showing that they had a really good understanding of what happens when you start to mix colours.
I loved watching their faces struck with amazement as they created new colours.

I think the troll is going to love his truly gruesome (if not colourful) soup!



No comments:

Post a Comment