Thursday 19 January 2017

Can we fix it?


One afternoon a visitor came into Nursery and broke our chair, so  we decided to make some tools. James, Bentley and Harry got to work straight away.
“Look I have made a hammer” Harry exclaimed.
Sophie quietly made a hammer and began tapping the chair.  Jake and Archie came to see what was going on and asked
“Can we help?”
Immediately they both set to work making a hammer and screwdriver.
“ I can screw!” Jake said to Archie.
Phoebe and Scarlett spent time working together to repair the chair.
“I will do this side” Scarlett stated.
“James you can help us fix the chair” Pheobe politely whispered.

Meanwhile, Harry was sat thinking, spending time working out which way the pieces go. The Foreman Harry made sure everyone was keeping busy.
Excuse me, this piece needs fixing first.”
“I am fixing it” Bentley replied.

Later a new apprentice joined the group, Luca asked
“Can I help”
“This is my chair leg” Harry exclaimed,
“Make a tool” Harry ordered. William enjoyed making a screwdriver and a hammer and began tapping the chairs and finding all the screws.


1 comment:

  1. I love how the children made their own tools. Jake knows where we keep the mini-screwdriver and often uses it to undo the battery compartments on his cars when they have gone flat!

    ReplyDelete